MOT in Liverpool
Book your MOT in Liverpool online now 24/7 with ATC Auto Care
Simply pop your registration no in the box and follow the on screen instructions that will book your MOT directly into our diary into a confirmed slot.
At ATC Auto Care in Liverpool we can carry out Class 1 MOT's and 2 MOT's and Class 4 MOT in Liverpool. That is all motorbikes and cars and small vans. Make us your number 1 for all your MOT needs in Liverpool and surrounding areas. Our VTS No is V107493.
What is an MOT Test?
The MOT Test is a test of vehicle safety, roadworthiness and exhaust emissions that All vehicles over three years old used on the UK’s roads must undergo. This is a test that must be taken annually. Failure to have a valid MOT Certificate can result in a £1000 Fine!
During an MOT Test many areas of the vehicle are examined these include bodywork, emissions and safety features. You will see a list of a few of these items below:
- Body, Structure and General Items
- Diesel particulate filter (DPF) tampering
- Drivers View of the Road
- Emission control equipment
- Engine malfunction indicator lamp
- Exhaust, Fuel and Emissions
- Fluid leaks - engine, transmission etc.
- Lighting and Signalling Equipment (Inc Fog Lamps & reversing Lights)
- Noise suppression material
- Seat Belts
- Steering (including suspension)
- Tyres and Road Wheels
- Undertray security
What happens if my Vehicle Fails it’s MOT?
- You’ll get a ‘refusal of an MOT test certificate’ from the test centre
- It will be recorded in the MOT database
If your vehicle fails with any dangerous faults we would strongly advise that you have it repaired before driving on the road.
There is an appeal process if you think the result is wrong.
You can be fined up to £2,500, be banned from driving and get 3 penalty points for driving a vehicle that has failed its MOT because of a ‘dangerous’ problem.
There maybe a fee to pay for a retest if you take the vehicle away for repair.
If you have any questions about the MOT or want to know more about our MOT services in Liverpool please contact ATC Auto Care please call 0151 521 8555 or use our contact form.